A huge thank you to Allie from Live Love Mess for the nomination!
Live Love Mess is a fun and helpful blog for moms. From advice for parents to activities for kids, the blog has a lot to offer. My current favorite post is her “Family Friendly Bucket List” which is a list of 50 activities to do this fall. I plan to do as many as I can with my own kids.
So, what is it?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
A Blog I Love
One of the requirements for accepting this award is writing about a blog, not mine, that like. I picked Sarah Hearts, a blog I have been reading for years now, by Sarah Khandjian. I love reading this blog, even after all this time. For one thing, every month she creates a beautiful background that she makes available for free to use on a computer, laptop or phone. I download it every month, and have never been disappointed. Even my daughter likes seeing what the newest one will be.
In addition, she posts recipes, activities and crafts, and one of my favorite series, “Links to Love.” Every week she posts a roundup of links to great crafts, decorating ideas, recipes, activities. I always look forward to seeing what she’s found this week, and I’m never disappointed.
She occasionally posts printables as well, like these adorable stickers, that my girls and I love. If you haven’t read Sarah Hearts, you’re missing out!
10 Random Facts about Me
- I’m terrified of spiders to the point where even cartoon spiders make me jump.
- I have been married twice, divorced once and widowed once.
- My two oldest children are part Irish (on their father’s side), and my youngest from my second marriage was born on St. Patrick’s Day.
- St. Patrick’s Day was also my grandmother’s birthday.
- My first car was a chocolate brown Volkswagen Rabbit, which was my mom’s before becoming mine. I loved that car, and it would only start for me consistently.
- I totaled my first car a month after getting my driver’s license.
- My mom totaled her car the next day on her way to pick me up from the library. True story.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite show is Firefly.
- You can’t take the sky from me.
To Find Out More About the Liebster Award
You can find out the rules for this award and learn more about it here.
Questions from Allie, who nominated me
- Why are you blogging? I love to write. I always wanted to be an author, and haven’t completely given up on that, but I enjoy blogging as well. I also like sharing tips and information, and since I’m working on getting my house in order I thought I’d see if I could help others do the same.
- What is your most favorite blog post and why? (one you wrote) My favorite post is actually my first one, Why you need this blog. I like it because it perfectly sums up what I want this blog to be, and it’s honest. It’s just me being me.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? I would be able to teleport (myself and anything/anyone with me) from anywhere to anywhere else. Mainly I would use this to come and go from work and grocery shopping without having to drive all the way home each time.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Make sure you make time for yourself. I forget this one all the time, but I’m working on it.
- If you could have dinner with one person (alive or not), who would it be? My late husband.
- Favorite book or series? My favorite book is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. My favorite book series is The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you? Some sort of water reclamation device, a satellite radio and a boat to get the heck off!
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Paris, France
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? Spending summer nights hanging out with my best friend just being stupid and having the most fun ever.
- What makes you unique? My sense of humor and ability, most of the time, to roll with the punches. I’m not an optimist, I’m not one who always sees the silver lining, but I am the type who just gets up and keeps on walking no matter what life throws my way.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award: