I set monthly goals. All last year, I set monthly goals that I knew, in the back of my mind, I would not reach. It was a pointless exercise, and only made me feel like I wasn’t achieving anything. This year, I decided I would still make a list of 3-5 monthly goals, but I would think the through very carefully to be sure they were within the realm of possibility.
I’m not talking about making them so easy that I can’t help but do them. Something like “Go to work every weekday” is not a goal because I already do that. I just mean instead of “Clean the whole house” or “Save $1000” I’ve made the goals smaller. More reachable. And I’m keeping in mind that even if I don’t reach some of them, making progress toward them is still valuable.
So with that in mind, here are my goals for January and my progress toward them.
- Save $250 toward my goal – DONE!
- Pay off my daughter’s braces – In process
- New tires for my car – DONE!
- Go out 2x without kids. Like a grownup. With other grownups. – In process
- Blog post 2x – DONE!
- Make an Amazon Affiliate sale – not yet, but I haven’t posted many links. Feel free to click on any of the ones below to help me reach this one! (Kidding. Sort of. But not really.) I saved my favorite planner for last.
So there you have it. My not-too-ambitious-but-still-a-stretch goal list.
Books on Goalsetting and some of my favorite planners: